This page assumes you'd like to inform us about a possible bug in Barriqade by collecting enough information to file a useful bug report. Thank you very much!
Prepare a bug report
Before you start sending us information about a bug, we kindly ask you to check and validate the following steps:
- Make sure your software is up to date.
- Figure out the steps to reproduce a bug.
- Check if you can reproduce the bug on a device with a clean installation of Barriqade. If the bug only happens on your device, try to figure out what settings and network configuration are needed to reproduce the bug.
- If you have multiple issues, please file separate bug reports.
Outline of a bug report
Send us a bug report and please make sure you include the following information:
- Summary: How would you describe the bug in less than 100 characters? It should quickly and uniquely identify a bug report as well as briefly explain the problem, not your suggested solutions. Good: "Saving settings in Barriqade Control Center causes it to crash", Bad: "Barriqade Control Center crashes"
- Component: In which sub-part of the software does it exist? Mention if the bug occurs in Barriqade Control Center, the Agent, or Service application. If none seems appropriate, mention "Unknown subset of components".
- Version: select the earliest version of Barriqade with what the problem can be reproduced
- OS: On which operating system (OS) did you find it?
- Steps to Reproduce: Easy-to-follow steps that will trigger the bug. If necessary, make sure to include any special configuration steps.
- Actual Results: What the application did after performing the above steps. An example would be: The application crashed.
- Expected Results: What the application should have done, were the bug not present.
- Diagnostics File: If possible, attach the Diagnostics File (how?).